Friday, May 29, 2009

Shower time!

In the shower today, I got to thinking, as one does. I love a good shower, and it's one of the few times during the day when I am forced to concentrate without any distraction (besides soap.) Occasionally lately it's been a time where my mind just spins thru its catalog of worries for a bit, looking for something useful to hang onto.
I think I happened upon a helpful analogy this morning. A big part of my frustration this week has been linked to the fact that from here on out I will have to take a daily pill in order to function well. I can miss one or two days and make up for them, but ideally I will take a pill every morning, forever. Argh, right?
As I was standing there in the shower, I realized: My plan, without formulating it as such, has always been to take a shower every morning for the rest of my life. You don't see me complaining about that. In fact, I'd feel gross if I didn't. Granted, there are times where I can go days without a shower if forced to, but you wouldn't want to be around me. So. It's not the deepest insight in the history of brains, but it'll serve me well enough for now. Pill, shower, good morning.

1 comment:

  1. I dig it. It's a good thought, a good way to look at it. It's only a bad thing that you have to take a pill because it was put upon you, and because, like I might understand because I'm the same, you're stubborn. You didn't choose this.

    "Be cool, honeybunny!"

    ReplyDelete